ICEC attended the inaugural meeting for the development of International Construction Measurement Standards (ICMS) at the IMF headquarters in Washington DC on 16-17 June 2015 and became a signatory to the ICMS Coalition that was formed as a result of the meeting. Click here to read the inaugural communications release. ICEC member associations and their members who wish to find out more about the ICMS coalition can register to join the Coalition online discussion board at: https://communities.rics.org/connect.ti/icmscoalition/view?objectId=14279365
The International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC) is an nonpolitical and nonprofit organization which was founded in 1976 with the object of promoting cooperation between national and multinational cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management organizations worldwide for their mutual wellbeing and that of their individual members.
ICEC member societies are located in more than 40 countries, and have chapters or sections in many additional countries. Through these chapters and sections, ICEC has access to more than 120,000 cost engineers and project managers in over 120 different nations. Regular ICEC meetings are attended by delegates of the member societies where subjects of common interests are exchanged and discussed. Each member society has one vote on the Council.
ICEC office holders are members of an ICEC member association and are elected for a two year period. The term of the current officers will end in June 2016. The current ICEC officers are:
- Immediate Past ICEC Chair – Carsten Wredstrom (Denmark)
- ICEC Region Directors
- Region 1 – Paulo Dias (Brazil)
- Region 2 – Gianluca di Castri (Italy)
- Region 3 – Robert Pearl (South Africa)
- Region 4 – Teo Wooi Sin (Singapore)
- ICEC Region Deputy Directors
- External Relations
- Region 1- Mahdu Pillai (USA)
- Region 2- Alec Ray (United Kingdom)
- Region 3- Femi Onashile (Nigeria)
- Region 4 – HH Kwan (Malaysia)
- Region 1- Julie Owen (USA)
- Region 2- Peter Schwanental (United Kingdom)
- Region 3- K.Obeng Ayirebi (Ghana)
- Region 4 – Eugene Seah (Singapore)
- Standards/Professional Development
- Region 1- Aldo Mattos (Brazil)
- Region 2- To be Advised
- Region 3- Dr Charles Mbelede (Nigeria)
- Region 4 – Andrew Harfield (Australia)
- Academic Forums/Research
- Region 1- Matthew J. Nicholas (Canada)
- Region 2- Janne Skovgaard (Denmark)
- Region 3- Njeri Wachira Towey (Kenya)
- Region 4- Dr. Paul Ho (Hong Kong)
- ICEC Region Assistant Secretaries
- Region 1- John Haynes (USA)
- Region 2- To Be Advised
- Region 3- Egon Wortman (South Africa)
- Region 4- Shi Li (China)
ICEC Advisory Board
ICEC Advisory Board
Roger Batten Advisory Board Chair
(ICEC Chair 1996 – 1998)
( Other Advisory Board Members to be advised)
Dr Alexia Nalewaik ICEC Chair 2014-16
Carsten Wredstrøm ICEC Chair 2012-14
Murtala Oladapo ICEC Chair 2010-12
Peter Cox ICEC Chair 2008-10
Ginette Basak ICEC Chair 2006-08
Basie Verster ICEC Chair 2004-06
Dennis Lenard ICEC Chair 2000-02
Allen Hamilton ICEC Chair 1998-2000
Christopher Walker Inaugural ICEC Chair 1976-1980
Ong See Lian RICS Global President 2011-12, PAQS Chair 2003-05, RISM President 2003-04
Adesh Jain IPMA Chair 2007-08,
ICPMA President 2008-09, PMA-India Hon Nat President
‘Women in project management’ is an interview with Dr Alexia Nalewaik – ICEC Chair and Deanne Earle the Director of Unlike Before Ltd conducted by KnowledgeTrain.
Please click on the following link to access the interview article: ‘Women in project management’
The ICEC Council Meeting is held every 2 years in conjunction with the biennial ICEC World Congresses.
The 2014 ICEC Council Meeting was held on Saturday/Sunday 18-19 October 2014 in Milan, Italy.
The ICEC Council meeting was held in conjunction with the ICEC 9th World Congress held from 18-22 October 2015 at the same venue in Milan, Italy.
Minutes of the meeting and the Meeting Agenda Book have been posted on the ICEC website in the Members section.
A compilation of classic CE, QS and PM papers published by ICEC members or presented at Member Congresses and Forums.
» Read more: ICEC International Cost Management Journal