FIG/ICEC - MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE ON THE FIRST DAY OF JUNE 1999 BETWEEN THE FÉDÉRATION INTERNATIONALE DES GÉOMÈTRES (FIG) and THE INTERNATIONAL COST ENGINEERING COUNCIL (ICEC)
Whereas the two organisations have common interests and activities in certain areas. FIG is a federation of national professional bodies specialising in technical and professional areas such as geographic information systems, land use planning, infrastructure development, land and environmental management, property management and construction economics. ICEC is a world wide confederation of national and international associations serving the cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management professions.
It is considered that a continuing programme of co-operation between the two organisations, leading to a mutual sharing of knowledge and expertise, will be of advantage to their member associations. Equally, attendance at each others seminars, conferences and workshops will lead to more successful events for both organisations.
As a consequence, it is proposed that the following steps should be taken to establish continuing liaison between the two organisations:
1. Regular contact should be established between the respective secretariats and elected leaderships to introduce and maintain continuing liaison between both organisations.
2. Each organisation should advise the other of all commissions, working parties, task forces, sub-groups, etc it has established and invite representation from the other where this seems appropriate and sensible.
3. Both organisations, on acceptance of the principles of this agreement by their respective members, will consider joint participation in the FIG's work to promote construction economics and management.
4. Each organisation should inform the other of their programmes of proposed conferences, seminars, workshops, etc to enable consideration as to whether joint participation would be of mutual benefit.
5. Links will be established between each organisation's Internet web pages (www.FIG.net and www.lCostE.org).
6. Each organisation will supply, either electronically or as an agreed quantity, their appropriate newsletters and other publications for circulation to the secretariat and leadership of the other.
7. It is understood that neither organisation can commit the other to any expenditure without the agreement of both parties.
For the International Federation of Surveyors
Peter Dale /s/
Date 1st June 1999
For the International Cost Engineering Council
Roger M. Batten /s/
Date 1st June 1999
(Note: This document was signed at Sun City, Republic of South Africa on 1 June 1999 during the opening ceremony of the FIG 1999 Working Week.)