Norsk Forening for Prosjektledelse (NFP)
(Norwegian Project Management Association)
ICEC Member since 1978
The area of interest of the association is the development of project management, with special emphasis on:
- The theoretical foundation;
- The practical methods and problems;
- Standards and routines; and
- Organizational and educational problems, as well as public implications.
The objectives of the association are:
- To establish contact and encourage the exchange of knowledge, experience and views among persons who are associated with the area of interest of the association through their occupation or otherwise;
- To contribute to the improvement of the art and science of the project management profession by stimulating education, research, and development;
- To increase the knowledge of the profession through the publication of relevant results, practical methods and tools and development of standards;
- To comment on problems concerning project management, project control and cost engineering raised by other professional associations, the authorities or the public; and
- To keep the members continuously informed of the latest developments in the profession.
The association will seek to fulfill its objectives by:
- Establishing contact and encouraging exchange of knowledge, experience and points of views between persons, who through their profession or otherwise find the objectives of the association interesting and useful;
- Arranging membership meetings, seminars, courses and congresses covering professional talks, discussions and informal social activities;
- Encouraging research and development at educational institutions, seminars, and courses etc;
- Commenting on problems concerning the objectives of the association raised by other professional associations, the authorities or others;
- Publishing relevant information;
- Establishing and maintain contact with associations having similar objectives, both nationally and internationally; and
- Seeking membership in international organizations of similar interest.
The association does not act as a representative for any trade or industrial union with aim to improve their economic situation. The association, its institutions and tools may not be used by any political or commercial sectional interests. No official representative of the association should express his/her opinion in such matters on behalf of all members. The association is financially independent and the Central Board of Directors is responsible for day to day activity.
All persons with interest in the objectives of the association may apply for membership. Membership is awarded by vote of the Central Board of Directors. The Board of Directors can also award supporting membership to educational and research institutions and/or other organizations associated with the areas of interest of the association.
The Board of Directors may award honorary membership. Honorary members pay no fee, but have the same privileges as ordinary members.
Click here to return to the ICEC Members Page