ICEC holds a global Congress and Council Meeting every 2 years. ICEC also holds annual regional meetings in each of the 4 ICEC regions (Region 1 – North/South America, Region 2 – Europe/Near East, Region 3 – Africa & Region 4 – Asia Pacific). Further meetings are held as required. The first International Cost Engineering Council Congress (ICEC) was held in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1971. Since 1972 there has been an ICEC Congress every second year. Our most recent Congress was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in October, 2016. ICEC holds its Council Meeting every 2 years in conjunction with these World Congresses. The next ICEC Congress will be held from 18-20 November 2018 in Sydney, Australia. This will be hosted by the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS) – an ICEC member association. Further details can be obtained from the AIQS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Congress Website will be available in due course. The ICEC Council Meeting will be held in conjunction with this Congress from 16-17 October 2018. Click the link below to see where ICEC Congresses have been held since 1972:
Congresses & Meetings
A calendar of cost engineering, quantity surveying, and project management conferences and meetings around the world
- 16-20 November, 2018 – 11th ICEC World Congress & ICEC Council Meeting, Sydney, Australia. For more information email email@example.com
- May 29-June 2, 2017 – FIG Working Week, Helsinki, Finland. Click here for more information.
- 11-14 June, 2017 – AACE International Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, USA. Click here for more information.
- July 21-26, 2017 – Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS) 21st Congress & ICEC Regions 1 & 4 Meetings, Vancouver, BC Canada. Click here for more information.
- 5-7 September, 2017 – 30th International Project Management Association (IPMA) World Congress , Astana, Kazakhstan. Click here for more information.
10th ICEC World Congress & Council Meeting: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: 8-12 October 2016 – Paper Proceedings Published
The 10th ICEC World Congress was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from 8-12 October 2016. The ICEC Council Meeting and other meetings were held prior to the Congress on 8-9 October. The Meeting Agenda Book can be found in the Members section of this website. The Congress host and organiser was IBEC – the Brazilian Institute of Cost Engineers (an ICEC member association since 1981). The event was an outstanding success and higlighted the tremendous work that IBEC are doing in developing the Cost Engineering Profession in the South/Central America region. As ICEC was founded in 1976 the Congress also celebrated ICEC’s 40th Anniversary. The paper proceedings and other details about the congress can be found on the congress website at http://www.icec2016.com
The ICEC Council Meeting is held every 2 years in conjunction with the biennial ICEC World Congresses.
The 2014 ICEC Council Meeting was held on Saturday/Sunday 18-19 October 2014 in Milan, Italy.
The ICEC Council meeting was held in conjunction with the ICEC 9th World Congress held from 18-22 October 2014 at the same venue in Milan, Italy.
Minutes of the meeting and the Meeting Agenda Book have been posted on the ICEC website in the Members section.
1. Sponsorship – International Congresses will be sponsored on a worldwide basis by the International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC).
ICEC will also sponsor seminars and symposia on a continental or regional basis which will be designated as “ICEC Forums”.