The International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC) is an nonpolitical and nonprofit organization which was founded in 1976 with the object of promoting cooperation between national and multinational cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management organizations worldwide for their mutual wellbeing and that of their individual members.
ICEC member societies are located in more than 40 countries, and have chapters or sections in many additional countries. Through these chapters and sections, ICEC has access to more than 300,000 cost engineers and project managers in over 120 different nations. Regular ICEC meetings are attended by delegates of the member societies where subjects of common interests are exchanged and discussed. Each member society has one vote on the Council.
Major objectives of ICEC
1. To encourage, promote, and advance the sciences and arts of cost engineering, quantity surveying, and project management for the public good, worldwide;
2. To coordinate and sponsor International Cost Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Project Management Congresses (on a worldwide scale);
3. To coordinate and sponsor International Cost Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Project Management Symposia (on a continental scale);
4. To encourage cost engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers in countries where no formal association or organization exists to form a group with objectives compatible with those of ICEC and its members;
5. To participate in international events related to the practice of cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management sponsored by governmental and private organizations, national or international, whether members of ICEC or not, provided that these events are in keeping with the objectives of ICEC;
6. To further the study of cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management problems of worldwide or multinational character; and
7. To encourage the development of professional certification programs in cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management.
Our international network
ICEC is a worldwide confederation of cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management societies which acts to promote worldwide exchange of cost engineering and project management information and experiences.
ICEC is divided geographically into regions to encourage communication and to foster joint congresses, symposia, and forums on a continental or regional scale. The Regions are:
* Region 1 North and South America;
* Region 2 Europe and the Near East;
* Region 3 Africa; and
* Region 4 Asia Pacific.
A Region Director is appointed to oversee ICEC’s activities within each region.
Through our regional structure, and as a organisation as a whole, ICEC endeavours to:
* Encourage the conduct of regional and worldwide congresses, meetings, forums, and seminars;
* Promote co-operative research and technical activities among the member societies;
* Promote development of standards for accreditation and recognition of cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management certification programs offered by the member societies;
* Encourage national and international networking among the members of all ICEC societies within the regions and worldwide; and
* Develop international standards for terminology in cost engineering, quantity surveying and project management.
ICEC Publications and Services
You are welcome to have a browse of the ICEC newsletter Roundup News. Roundup includes news and reports about ICEC’s activities and from our member associations as well as technical papers of interest to our members. If you are interested in submitting an article or paper for Roundup News please contact the ICEC Secretariat.
Individual ICEC member associations publish magazines and journals in their various languages and exchange their magazines and other publications with all ICEC member societies. Member societies also extend to members of another society who are on temporary assignment in their nation courtesy membership privileges for a period of up to one year. Member societies also extend the courtesy of discounted registration fees to members of another ICEC society who attends a congress, meeting, forum or other event sponsored by them. More information regarding the benefits and obligations of ICEC membership is available on our web site.
The Secretary-General of the International Cost Engineering Council is Dr Peter Smith FAIQS
The International Cost Engineering Council
Suite 303, Level 3, 70 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia